ESMA signs agency agreement with the versatile Liberty House Group
For some years now, ESMA has been working closely with the Liberty House Group in the UK, a global company in aluminium, steel and advanced technology products. The collaboration has been very successful, and an agency agreement has now been signed, allowing ESMA to offer Liberty’s technologies in Sweden.
Casting partner for a new outboard engine
Back in 2016 ESMA went out looking for a partner within casting, for the development of Cimco Marine’s new outboard motor. We found British Bridge Aluminium (now Liberty Aluminium Technologies) and started a collaboration that is now in its third year.
Expertise in aluminium casting
Together, Liberty and ESMA have developed about ten components for Cimco Marine and their OXE Diesel, the world’s first diesel outboard.
“We chose to partner with Liberty since their expertise within aluminium truly is in a class of its own”, says Martin Schleifstein, who is responsible for the project at ESMA in Göteborg.
One of the more complicated parts is the engine’s gearbox, where Liberty’s extensive knowledge of aluminium casting has been extra valuable. Casting suppliers often specialise in one method and have difficulties producing small volumes at a competitive price. That is not the case with Liberty.
“It’s a big advantage that Liberty is so flexible in their production. They can produce anything from a few prototypes to serial production in large volumes under one roof”, says Martin Schleifstein.
Versatile global group
Liberty has more strings on its lyre than aluminium casting. The collaboration between ESMA and Liberty has recently been developed further in an agency agreement so that ESMA can offer more of Liberty’s technologies in Sweden.
In addition to its aluminium manufacturing, the group also manufactures steel components and other technical products, as well as commodity trading and recycling of metals under the name Liberty House Group. They have headquarters in London and strategic hubs in Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Sydney. The group also has a network of partners covering more than thirty countries.
Components for the automotive industry
So what can ESMA and Liberty do for you? The Liberty Vehicle Products division is an established manufacturer of components for automotive subcontractors with six operations in the UK:
- Liberty Aluminium Technologies specialises in high-pressure (HPDC), low-pressure (LPDC) and gravity-cast p. They provide casting in both aluminium and steel for the automotive industry, even with machining possibilities.
- Liberty Pressing Solutions produces pressed and welded structural components in steel and aluminium that are delivered to global automakers such as JLR, Opel and Renault-Nissan. The company also manufactures intelligent gas meters for Landis & Gyr.
- Clydesdale Jones manufactures hand and foot controls for road vehicles, off-road vehicles and other special vehicles. With over sixty years of experience in development, design and manufacturing, their customers include Hyster-Yale, JCB and Caterpillar.
- Liberty Testing Technologies is an independent UKAS accredited material testing company. They have a wide range of high-quality laboratory services with customers in a variety of sectors, such as the aviation, oil, gas, marine and automotive industries.
- Liberty Advanced Composites has its roots in the automotive industry, but also manufactures components that exploit the benefits of composite materials.
- Liberty Tube Components is a factoring company that supplies fittings and systems to the sprinkler market, for example.
We at ESMA look forward to working closely with Liberty House Group in the future.
Contact person at ESMA
If you need components in these areas, you are most welcome to contact Martin Schleifstein.
Phone: 031-40 90 04